Analytical Models and Automated Rule SystemsOverview
Modeling can be a very difficult topic and is as much an art as a science. When making decisions or solving business problems it can be helpful to construct a diagram that can aid a decision maker with a model of a situation even solving it. In this assignment you will construct diagrams of time-proven models and methodologies related to optimization, search methods, heuristic programming, and simulation.
In many cases, results of predictive models or even optimization models get simplified as rules that are then implemented in other applications. You will also analyze how your models can be supported by applications of automated rule systems and expert system technologies.
In a 5â€“6 page paper (including graphics), create either an influence diagram or a flow-diagram for the following:
- Construct an analytical model for a linear programming problem.
- Construct an analytical model using the analytic hierarchy process.
- Formulate a model for a heuristic search method.
- Formulate a model using a simulation method for decision support.
In your paper you should create and explain a business situation for each model, develop a graphic, and discuss the relevant aspects of the model. You should conclude your paper with a discussion on how automated rule systems and expert system technologies can be used in your models.
As you complete your assignment, be sure your paper meets the following guidelines:
- Written communication: Writing is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Scholarship: Use at least four outside sources to support your main points and analysis.
- APA formatting: All resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length: 5â€“6 typed, double-spaced pages (including graphics).
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.