This is didactic, introspective assignment that will serve well not in this course but in your life as well.
Watch this brief TED talk by Eduardo Briceno (Links to an external site.). After watching the video, answer the following.
Type in your answers as a numbered sequence as asked. Don’t type all the responses into single paragraph.
- Describe 3 differences in the ways individuals with fixed and growth mindsets approach learning that were described by Briceno
- Reflect on your own life:
- Do you believe you generally view intelligence as fixed?
- Describe some of your reactions to academic struggles. Assess the extent to which these reactions are employing a “fixed mindset voice.”
- Propose some responses you could use that would help you to establish a growth mindset. If you prefer you can answer this question by thinking about someone you know well rather than yourself.
- Propose a plan that would help college students rise up to meet the challenges they encounter in college by fostering a growth mindset. Create an action plan on how you will prepare to succeed in this course. Think of suitable steps you will take in case you do not perform well initially or during the semester.
- Write your top 3 list: List the top 3 things you would like to remember about mindsets in order to be better your life and be successful.